Grilled shrimp? Check. Grilled grits? Check. BACON GRAVY??? CHECK. Best shrimp and grits recipe ever.
Grilled grits (recipe here)
1.5 pounds fresh shrimp
Juice of one lemon
I teaspoon Cajun seasoning
6 pieces thick bacon, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup chicken stock
1 tsp salt
¼ cup green onions
1. Peel and devein shrimp.
2. Combine shrimp with lemon juice and Cajun seasoning. Set aside.
3. Fry chopped bacon over medium heat until brown.
4. Add chopped onion, garlic. Sauté 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Savor this moment. Bacon, garlic and onion all cooking together produces the greatest aroma on the planet - soak it in!
5. Add flour, sauté another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Stir in chicken stock and salt, reduce heat to warm.
7. Grill grit cakes (about 4 minutes on each side, see full recipe here) and shrimp (about three minutes on each side). Remove from grill.
8. Stir shrimp and green onions into gravy, serve over grits, and enjoy!