Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Challenge Accepted! Grilled Pineapple.
I LOVE fresh pineapple, but I have to admit, I was always a little intimidated about cutting into one, so I never bought a whole one until this week. What an idiot! Cutting a pineapple is really easy, and totally worth it.
Sorry I didn’t take pictures as I was doing it, but bear with me, because it’s as simple as it sounds:
1. Chop off the top and bottom.
2. Cut off the peel by slicing along the sides. Voila, it’s peeled.
3. For easy grilling, slice it, and then cut out the center of each slice. You can also just cut a few slices for dessert, then chop up the rest to eat over the next couple days.
Grilled pineapple over vanilla ice cream makes a great dessert. Here’s the recipe:
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon honey
1. Melt butter and stir in brown sugar and honey, along with a sprinkle of cinnamon, to form a glaze.
2. Brush both sides of pineapple slices with glaze. Set aside remaining glaze.
3. Grill pineapple over medium-high heat for about 3-4 minutes on each side.
4. Serve over vanilla ice cream, with remaining glaze drizzled over the top.
If you like this recipe, please be sure to click on the links below to share it! And don’t forget to follow @youcangrillthat on Twitter!