Ever tried grilled carrots? Until tonight, me neither. But guess what? They’re awesome.
They’re also pretty easy to make. Here goes . . .
Butter or Margarine
1. While your coals are getting hot, clean and peel the carrots. Brush them generously with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Place carrots on the grill over medium heat and cover.
3. Cook for 25 minutes (longer for thicker carrots), turning four times.
4. While carrots are cooking, melt butter or margarine (say, 3 tablesoons). Add a couple spoonfuls of brown sugar and a little bit of honey and whisk to form glaze.
5. For the last five minutes of cooking, brush with glaze. Remove from grill after 25 minutes of total cooking time, or when carrots are soft. Glaze again after they’re off the grill. Enjoy.
I ate them with a grilled rib eye and some grilled sweet potatoes, recipe here.
If you like this recipe, please be sure to click on the links below to share it! And don’t forget to follow @youcangrillthat on Twitter!