Looking for a sauce that’s a little sweet, a little hot, and really tangy? Take your taste buds on a tropical vacation with this recipe for mango barbecue sauce!
Goes great with chicken, ribs, or this recipe for pork shoulder smoked on the grill.
¼ cup oil (canola or olive)
1 small yellow onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon fennel seeds
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup molasses
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 serrano pepper, chopped
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 mango, chopped
1. Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add onions, garlic, Serrano pepper. Cook until onions are translucent.
3. Add fennel seeds, cook one minute.
4. Add all other ingredients except mango, cook four minutes.
5. Pour into food processor with chopped mango and puree until smooth.
6. Enjoy over BBQ pork, chicken, or ribs.
If you like this recipe, please be sure to click on the links below to share it! And don’t forget to follow @youcangrillthat on Twitter!