Ingredients (serves 4):
1 cup wild rice
3 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon butter
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped celery
½ cup chopped mushrooms
1. Arrange grill so that coals are all on one side.
2. In cast iron pot, combine broth, rice and butter. Place on grill, directly above coals. Cook for ten minutes (with pot open to allow in smoke but with the grill itself covered).
3. Stir, cover pot with lid, and move pot to other side of the grill.
4. Cook another 25 minutes over low heat, with pot and grill covered.
5. Add onions, celery and mushrooms. Add more broth (or water) if necessary, and recover both pot and lid.
6. Cook another 15 minutes over low heat, then remove from grill. Let sit for 10 minutes, covered.
7. Fluff and serve.
Great under grilled asparagus and grilled swordfish topped with grilled red bell pepper sauce.
If you like this recipe, please be sure to click on the links below to share it! And don’t forget to follow @youcangrillthat on Twitter!