This red bell pepper sauce makes a great addition for grilled salmon, swordfish or just about any other seafood. It’s similar to any roasted red pepper sauce, except that the peppers are, of course, grilled. It’s a very simple recipe, and it really brings out the flavor of the red bell peppers (unlike some recipes that are heavy on cream or tomato).
1 large red bell pepper
3 tablespoons butter or olive oil, plus extra olive oil for brushing onto pepper
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1. Arrange grill with coals all on one side.
2. Cut the bell pepper into quarters. Remove stem and all seeds. Brush outer skin with olive oil.
3. Place directly on grill, over direct heat, with skin-side down.
4. Grill, covered, for about 8 minutes, or until blackened.
5. Allow to cool completely, then carefully remove skin.
6. Puree bell pepper in food processor until smooth.
7. Melt butter (or heat olive oil) in cast iron pan over direct heat. Stir in pureed pepper and apple cider vinegar.
8. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, and then add salt and pepper to taste.
9. Move to other side of grill and cook over indirect heat an additional 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
Try it with this recipe for grilled swordfish steaks!
If you like this recipe, please be sure to click on the links below to share it! And don’t forget to follow @youcangrillthat on Twitter!