Ah, bacon-wrapped shrimp. To quote the great Ron Swanson, “That's my number one favorite food wrapped around my number three favorite food. I'd go to a banquet in honor of those Somali pirates if they served bacon-wrapped shrimp."
You may notice that the recipe calls for jumbo shrimp, but the photos are obviously NOT jumbo shrimp. That’s because I didn’t have any larger shrimp on hand, but the recipe goes much better with the famously paradoxical size.
Without further ado . . .
Ingredients (serves 4):
24 jumbo shrimp
12 pieces bacon
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
1. Cut bacon in half. Place in pan on wax paper, and cook in oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
2. Pat bacon down with paper towel to remove grease.
3. Wrap each shrimp in one (half) piece of bacon, then skewer. Leave a little space between each shrimp.
4. Place on grill and cook for about 5 minutes on each side. Beware of flare-ups! Even though you’ve already cooked the bacon a little and gotten rid of most of the grease, you might still get a few drips of bacon grease that could light up pretty quickly. Have a spray bottle of water handy to put out any flames.
5. Remove when shrimp are opaque throughout, and enjoy.
If you like this recipe, please be sure to click on the links below to share it! And don’t forget to follow @youcangrillthat on Twitter!