Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Ultimate Test – Can Grilling Make Chard Taste Good?

For some reason, chard and kale are really popular right now.  I don’t get it.  Not a fan.  So when I forgot to update my box from Washington’s Green Grocer (which I highly recommend you check out) and ended up with a bunch of chard this week, I decided to put my “grilling makes everything taste better” theory to the test again.  I know that grilling foods I already like makes me like them more.  But will grilling a food I DON’T like make me a fan? 

Try this recipe for grilled chard and see for yourself.


Ingredients:

1 bunch chard
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt
Pepper

Directions:

1.    Remove stems from chard and rinse well.  Chard can be really gritty, so make sure you really give it a good wash.
2.    Toss chard with olive oil, salt and pepper (both to taste).
3.    Spread over vegetable grate and place grate on grill over direct heat.
4.    Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring once.  Remove and enjoy.
Verdict: I’m surprised and happy to say that I actually really liked the flavor of the grilled chard.  If you like chard, you’re going to love this recipe.  If you don’t, you still might enjoy it.

If you like this recipe, please be sure to click on the links below to share it! And don’t forget to follow @youcangrillthat on Twitter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment