However, she’s always devastated when the food comes off the grill and she doesn’t get to eat. The unfairness of it all! She toils away for hours helping prepare what certainly smells like a delicious meal, and she doesn’t even a taste? That’s just wrong.
So for her birthday, I cooked some cookies on the grill that were just for Mollie. These are really healthy treats for dogs, and she LOVED them. I’m sure your four-legged friends will too.
Mollie attacking her kong to get a cookie out!
2 tablespoons peanut butter
½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 tablespoons molasses
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 apple, cored and finely chopped (or grated)
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Mix the peanut butter, egg, apple sauce and molasses well.
2. Add the apple and dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Spoon cookie dough onto well-greased baking sheet (one you don’t mind putting right on the grill).
4. Heat your charcoal and spread the coals into one layer covering the bottom of the grill.
5. Place the cookie sheet in the center of the grill. Cook for about 5 minutes, covered. Flip the cookies over, and cook for another 5 minutes. They should be nice and crispy on the outside, but still chewy on the inside.
6. Remove the cookies from the grill, and let them cool for at least 20 minutes. Then serve!
If you like this recipe, please be sure to click on the links below to share it! And don’t forget to follow @youcangrillthat on Twitter!