Looking for another awesome dessert you can bake right on the grill? Try these gooey, chewy, delicious chocolate pecan bars!
1 stick butter, softened
1 ½ cups flour
¾ cup sugar
Quarters-worth of salt
3 eggs, beaten
1 ½ cups pecans, halved
3 TPSB butter, melted
¾ cup Karo syrup
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 TBSP bourbon (optional)
12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
1. Beat crust ingredients together.
2. Press crust into heavily greased cast iron pan.
3. Stir filling ingredients together.
4. Pour filling over crust.
5. Set up grill so that coals form a ring around the outside of the grill, leaving the middle of the grill empty.
6. Place pan in middle of grill. Grill, covered, for 15-20 minutes, until filling is completely melted.
7. Let cool for at least 30 minutes, preferably at least an hour. It’s going to very tempting to cut in early, I know, but if you do, it’s going to fall apart. After 30-60 minutes, cut into bars and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, please be sure to click on the links below to share it! And don’t forget to follow @youcangrillthat on Twitter!