Looking for a pork tenderloin recipe with a little Latin flavor? Try these pork tenderloin and red cabbage tacos! They have a little heat, a little sweet, topped with some cilantro and lime juice. The slaw adds some tanginess and helps cool down the spice in the pork tenderloin.
Ingredients (serves 4)
Eight soft flour tortillas
Dry rub ingredients:
3 TBSP brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 TBSP salt
1 TBSP black pepper
1 TBSP garlic powder
1 TBSP smoked paprika
Red cabbage slaw ingredients:
½ head red cabbage, shredded
2 large carrots, shredded
½ cup cilantro, loosely packed
½ white vinegar
½ cup vegetable oil
½ TBSP salt
½ TBSP black pepper
2 TBSP brown sugar
1 TBSP lime juice
Pork tenderloin directions:
1. Combine all dry rub ingredients. Rub generously over pork. Let sit at 2 hours, preferably overnight.
2. Grill over direct heat for 15 minutes, turning once.
3. Let meat rest for 10 minutes, then slice.
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded cabbage, carrots and cilantro.
2. In a smaller bowl, mix all other ingredients.
3. Add oil and vinegar mix to shredded vegetables and stir well.
4. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
Putting it all together:
1. Spray both sides of tortillas lightly with cooking spray (or lightly brush with oil). Warm on grill for about one minute, turning once.
2. Place slices of tenderloin in tortillas, then top with slaw. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, please be sure to click on the links below to share it! And don’t forget to follow @youcangrillthat on Twitter!