If you’re looking for an easy, delicious grilled dessert, look no further. Fresh, juicy strawberries served over sugary, cinnamony (new word), buttery, crispy tortillas, with just a hint of grilled flavor. Best of all, it takes just a few minutes to prepare and even less time to grill.
Ingredients (serves four)
4 soft-taco-sized flour tortillas
1 pint strawberries
About 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
Approximately 2 tablespoons cinnamon
1. Cut the stems off the strawberries. Sprinkle them with brown sugar and about one tablespoon of granulated sugar. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour, so the sugar forms a nice syrupy texture.
2. Skewer the strawberries (and save the juices that should be left in the bottom of the bowl they’ve been sitting in).
3. Brush both sides of each tortilla with melted butter or margarine, then sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon to taste.
4. Grill the strawberries skewers over direct heat for about three minutes, turning once.
5. Grill the tortillas for about one minute, turning once, so they get crispy but not charred.
6. Serve the strawberries over the tortillas, drizzling with the remaining sugary strawberry juice.
Thought for next time, because I’ll definitely be doing this again: top with some chocolate sauce? Honey? Fresh whipped cream? Vanilla ice cream? Go crazy . . .
If you like this recipe, please be sure to click on the links below to share it! And don’t forget to follow @youcangrillthat on Twitter!