Note: Yes, I know the pasta in this photo is not linguine. My wife wanted whole grain pasta, and the grocery store did not have whole grain linguine. However, if I could make this recipe any way I wanted, I'd use linguine, ergo, I've included linguine in the title and recipe.
4 dozen clams
About two dozen cherry tomatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 ½ cups white wine
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon oregano
1 pound linguine or other pasta
1. Boil pasta according to directions.
2. Heat olive oil and butter until butter melts. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for two minutes.
3. Add wine, red pepper flakes, and oregano. Simmer over low heat until reduced.
4. Grill tomatoes, on skewers, over indirect heat for 6-8 minutes. Remove from grill and add to sauce.
5. Place cleaned clams on hot grill. Cook, covered, for about four minutes. Remove lid. Pull off clams as they open (careful not to spill any of the juices). Discard any clams that do not open.
6. Place clams over pasta, and then pour sauce over clams and pasta. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, please be sure to click on the links below to share it! And don’t forget to follow @youcangrillthat on Twitter!